HERE ARE THE TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO DO AT MOUNT RUSHMORE
If you are one of the roughly 2.5 million people traveling from around the world to experience the wonder of Mount Rushmore National Memorial , be sure to add these top ten things to see and do to your list.
1. Visit the Sculptor’s Studio and learn more about the carver’s vision. Discover park history in the Information Center.
2. Hike the Presidential Trail. Explore the Lakota, Nakota and Dakota heritage at the Borglum View Terrace.
3. Take a picture of the sculpture from unique angles, like Carvers’ Marketplace, Borglum View Terrace and the Sculptor’s Studio.
4. Attend the Evening Lighting Ceremony, held nightly throughout the summer, for an inspirational and patriotic experience.
5. Hunt for a treasure in the gift shop that will forever remind you of your trip to Mount Rushmore.
6. Find a book or souvenir at theMount Rushmore bookstores, located in the Information Center or the Sculptor’s Studio.
7. Become an official Junior Ranger by participating in either the paper or digital version of theJunior Ranger Program.
8. Go on a Self-Guided Tour. Rent a multimedia hand-held photo/video tour or an audio wand to learn even more about the sculpture and its story.
9. Join a Ranger Walk or Talk to take advantage of the immense knowledge of the memorial’s park rangers.
10. Enjoy a scoop of Thomas Jefferson ice cream from the Carver’s Marketplace–based on the first written recipe for ice cream in the U.S.
In 2019, the memorial will be undergoing some outstanding upgrades that are aimed to elevate the visitor experience for generations to come. The memorial will remain open during construction.